I don't know what it is about me, but most babies or little kids that i meet love me. Complete stranger babies, friends' neices/nephews, my neices and nephews...they always want to play with me or make faces at me (well, if they are outgoing that is).
So i was at Crepevine for breakfast. I was sitting at a corner table, near the front window that was diagonal from a family. There was a little girl, a baby in a high chair, and then the parents. As I was eating my breakfast, the little baby started to play peek-a-boo with me. There was a stroller in between me and him, so he was tilting his head back to look at me. It was so funny and cute! The baby kept smiling at me, and then the mom noticed what her baby was doing. I looked up at her and smiled. Now, I'm not lying when I say ALL parents i've interacted with in these type of situations will smile back or say something like, "Oh he/she likes you." This mother looked at me and straight stared me down. serious. The coldest stare ever. I was like, "whoa." I tried to avoid eye contact, but the baby kept laughing and smiling at me. How could you help that?!
Then their toddler daughter faced me. She was totally smiling with her lil sippy cup, and then she waved at me. So, I'm not rude - I waved back. Then she started laughing. She did beautiful eyes! And then I heard her mom say, "i'm feeling a little uncomfortable, we should go." WOW just coz her kids were interacting with a stranger. i thought that was really amazing.
Anyways, i finished breakfast and oddly enough, was leaving the same time as them. My brother knocked on the window and i went outside and started to tell him my little story, when all of a sudden I hear pounding from the glass door. it was the lil toddler girl smiling and waving at me. that's when i told my brother, "and that is the little girl i was telling you about." he smiled and then we turned away.
That mom, i dunno what her problem was, but DAMN. SORRY! all i gotta say is i understand the concern of a stranger interacting with ur kids, but omg, IT WAS A BREAKFAST PLACE! what would i do to harm the kid? But hey, what can i say...kids love me. =) And the smiles on the baby's and kid's face was all that i needed to make my Saturday morning. Cute. =)
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment