One of my co-workers came up to me in the morning and said, "Hey, I've got a story for you. You're going to love this." I said, "Oh, really..."
"Do you know Ben Affleck*?"
"Yup, I have him in my class."
"So yah, he is in my class and he's supposed to get a letter of recommendation from an adult, and I asked him who he would get one from, and he said you."
"Me? Really?" haha
"I asked him why he chose you and he said, "Oh, because she'll write a good report about me." But see, that's not the kicker...here it is..."
"Oh?"
"So I ask him why you would write such nice things about him, at which he says....Ready? You're going to love this...."
"Yah..."
"He says, 'Because we're the same race.'"
My eyes got all big and I stared at my co-worker and was AMAZED by what this kid thought. REALLY?!
No wonder he acts like he can do whatever the f*ck he wants in my class. Someone needs to sit him down and tell him that being of similar ethnicity does NOT give you privilege to do things. It's about character.
I still thought it was funny, though :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment