I was browsing through the internet for some tips for the SF Marathon when I came across this: BootcampSF: http://bootcampsf.com
BootcampSF. I heard about people taking classes at the gym or somewhere else in the city regarding boot camp and difficult it is, so I decided to check it out. I read through the website, its testimonials, payment options....i think I clicked about every single button that you could on that website. I realized that it combined my favorite for being outdoors with what i disliked the most - working out at the gym. I've been wanting to utilize the outdoors as means for exercise, but it has never been rigorous enough and I seem to always find an excuse, especially with work. I'm on summer break for a few more weeks, and decided it would be best to take advantage of this time and to give myself a birthday gift of becoming healthy again.
I emailed for information, which was very helpful in making my decision to sign up for the sessions with BootcampSF, especially with the free two-day trial. After the trial, I could then decided whether or not I want to stay and pay. I tried it, I was sore from it, and I decided to pay for it.
I was EXTREMELY nervous about the classes, especially after watching "Bridal Bootcamp" on VH1. I really wasn't looking forward to someone yelling at me. I like calm people, and prefer it if someone wasn't making me feel like an incompetent athlete.
Classes started on Monday, July 12, 2010. There were about 20 people, and it was assessment day. Assessment consisted of running 1.5 miles, doing as many push ups as we can with unlimited time, and as many crunches as we can in one minute.
There was no yelling, only someone who told us to run over to Kezar Stadium where we did some stretches, went over some track and field etiquette, and then what we were going to do. We had to partner up with someone (which was nice), and I was able to do 12 push-ups (from what I remember I could only do two, but my partner kept pushing me to keep going), 49 crunches in a minute (I didn't think it was bad, but all the other people were like in the 50's and 60's, so I was like wtf?), and 1.5 miles in 18'55". Sadness!! I was pacing a mile a little more than 13'. The fastest I've ever run a mile was 10'55" in high school. I wonder if I could do it again.
Anyways, I didn't think it was too bad until Tuesday, which I will recap later this week....
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment