I didn't realize until a couple of days ago that I am a controlling person when it comes to work. There are certain expectations that I have, a routine that I believe is much more efficient, and since I'm detailed oriented - I share a lot of how to do something, and why we do the things we do.
I guess I'm one of those people who appreciate structure, which is what I believe some people are lacking these days. Structure helps provide discipline, which needs to be developed within the young adolescent years. I've had students become just as meticulous as I, especially when they share how they no longer say certain words (i.e., Shut Up) and do certain things.
As much as I enjoy helping/advising/mentoring other adults, I don't think I would do this again in terms of taking away all of my classes for teaching. Some of my students miss me (which is cute), and I miss standing in front of them trying to help them. I've had to learn how to let those classes go, and let them experience a different style of teaching.
**One of my students just said, "Hey, no eating in class." Made eye contact with me, smiled and said, "Hi..." HAHA.
See, it's cute because they know my mannerisms, expectations and random words that I say.
Anyway, only reason I get to update my blog is because she has taken over my class. Learning experience on both ends, but we'll see how life goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment