Friday, January 18, 2008

A nice Friday (so far...)

This morning was really great. I've asked students to read and write a summary on science articles, and I received some really good ones. It actually made me smile, that some of the students reactions to the articles were positive. One student wrote "I hardly ever read, so this was kind of interesting to do especially since it's about my surroundings."

Then I had break which I ran around making copies, and learned they had moved the water dispenser into a counseling session room, which sucks because there was a meeting there this morning =T I had to go to without refilling my water bottle, so that's ok.

The past two periods have been good so far. The only thing I don't look forward to is grading all these papers =T Oh, there's a bunch of them. This is when I wish i had a T.A. after school, isntead of during the day. it's better for me to get through them. Today i have a supervision starting at 3:00pm until i dunno....5ish? I'm hoping its not until like 6pm. I'm driving down to LA today, and I have to say that I am quite excited about that. Something about going home to see family is great, especially since it's a long weekend =)

Anyways, that's my morning so far. OH! During 4th period, my students got to see a wonderful display of how human ms. diaz is. There was a spider crawling on my podium and i totally freaked out! I screamed (like i always do), and started jumping up and down only to quickly realize...I was at work, and not in my apartment. I composed myself, and shoo-ed the spider off, and then killed it with the quickness of my foot. Dood, the students were having a ball watching me freak out. I even started sweating, that I told my students that and they all started laughing; it also presented a good way for all my students in that class to start talking about their phobios.

Question of the day, "Ms. Diaz, if you're a biology teacher....why are you freaked out by a spider?" I stand there, and say, "because i like marine animals more...not bugs." Lovely. simply lovely =)

I love 4th period. Though, extremely chatty - they are one of the classes that brighten up my day...why? because they actually ask me how i'm doing. =)

No comments: